LinkedIn also announced a new feature to its mobile application. Users will soon be able to opt-in to discover other LinkedIn members at nearby events and conferences. This feature has the ability to rejuvenate the once popular, and buzzed term, mobile sourcing. Imagine discovering profiles of candidates on LinkedIn without searching, but merely attending or walking by a user conference or networking meetup. This new feature opens an entirely new way to find and meet members through LinkedIn. The launch of this service has yet to be released, but LinkedIn did say that it will share more detail on how the feature works when it is rolled out.
You can read highlights from the blog post about the updates to LinkedIn’s terms of service below.
Article Continues Below
The Perfect Match: 5 Steps for Building a Connection That Lasts
You wouldn’t buy a house or move to a new city if it wasn’t the right fit, but did you ever think in those terms about a job offer? Would you accept an offer if the company wasn’t a good match?
In this tight labor market, it’s not enough to get a candidate to show interest. You’ve got to get job seekers to connect with your company—so they’ll say yes to the offer. To learn how to attract great candidates by building a connection that lasts, download the free eBook today.
- Increased visibility of your LinkedIn Profile – Similar to the way your profile shows up in search engines, LinkedIn will allow certain third-party services to show your profile to their users, so that you can be more easily found for opportunities and connect with people. You can opt out of this broader distribution of your profile, and you control what you share on your profile.
- Easier to share accomplishments with your network – To make it easier to update your profile, LinkedIn will look for and suggest positive and public professional accomplishments, like awards or industry recognition, to share with your network. You can opt out if you decide you don’t want these recommendations.
- Productivity bots and similar tools to improve communication with your network – You can opt-in to use our automated systems that can help you with messages by suggesting responses, assisting in scheduling meetings with connections, generating ice breakers, or offering insights to help you connect with other professionals more easily.
- Easily meet up with other members – You can choose to use an upcoming feature that helps you find nearby LinkedIn members, who have also opted-in, at a conference, event or meeting.
LinkedIn’s updated User Agreement will look familiar, with a few changes that are highlighted in our summary, including:
- Dos and Don’ts – LinkedIn added clarity about the activities allowed on LinkedIn. For example, we prohibit both the act of scraping others’ content from our services, and the development and support of tools to scrape LinkedIn services.