Late last year, we launched SourceCon Live, a weekly Google+ Hangout ON AIR focusing on sourcing and recruiting. Today, we gathered at noon to discuss what happened in 2013, and what our panelists think will happen in 2014.
2014 predictions from the panelists include:
- Mark Tortorici: Recruiters will need to be better at sourcing to keep their jobs.
- Jim Durbin: Facebook will launch a job board this year.
- Matt Charney: Glassdoor will get a lot of media attention in 2014.
- Kameron Swinton: Linkedin will continue to move away from being used as a messaging platform, to more of a reference point talent acquisition professionals use to gather information about candidates.
- Randy Bailey: 2014 will be about candidate engagement. How should we engage candidates quickly?
- Todd Raphael: Glassdoor will IPO at some point this year.
Other topics discussed:
Article Continues Below
5 Ways to Hire Like It’s 2021
- Big Data
- Search aggregators
- CRM systems
- Facebook Graph Search
- Twitter for recruiting and sourcing
- Google+ for sourcing and recruiting
- Is sourcing the new recruiting?
- How would most Fortune 500 define recruiter in 2014? Are the a process facilitator or a sourcer?
Watch the entire conversation below.
What are your predictions for recruiting and sourcing in 2014?