At some point in nearly every recruiter’s career they are given a choice. They meet some Morpheus type who says that you can continue as a recruiter and the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe or you go down the sourcing path and into Wonderland and you see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
If you make the (one and only) right decision and dedicate yourself to your craft, there are seven things that you will find to be true over and over again.
Article Continues Below
AI and Automation: How They Will Impact the Future of Recruiting?
- You are a cut above. Enough said.
- You can spit out Boolean the way Eminem spits out rhymes in Eight Mile. And that’s on a bad day.
- You can find almost anything. Your Mom needs to find her long lost friend? No problem. A friend needs to find that one person (and their contact information) who did that one thing that one particular time? No worries. Someone needs to find a needle in a field full of haystacks? There’s only one person to call.
- No LinkedIn? No problem!You can find candidates all day long without even logging into LinkedIn. Sure it’s great to have it but when it’s not working right it does not affect your productivity.
- You can talk about things most people can’t.Since you are a recruiter by trade you will be the only person at the holiday party who can ask what other people make without getting punched in the nose.
- You are willing to share your knowledge.The sourcing community is one where sharing knowledge and best practices are the standard. You will have someone who mentors you and eventually you will mentor others.
- Your parents will never really understand what it is you do. That’s as true as taxes and death.
Let’s keep this list going. What truths have you learned as you have done deeper down the rabbit hole in Wonderland?