One of the most anticipated events that takes place at SourceCon is the SourceCon challenge. During the challenge, sourcers from across the globe compete to see who can solve a series of difficult challenges, and ultimately, be named the Sourcing Grand Master. We’re excited to announce that the SourceCon Fall pre-conference sourcing challenge will be launching on August 29th!
The first clue will be shared this Thursday during a Google Hangout that will take place on the SourceCon G+ page at 1PM Central time. The organizers of this years challenge will be available to share their thoughts about the challenge, and to set the stage for the competition. If you are unable to make it to the hangout, we will post the first clue on the blog by 3 pm on Thursday.
The Basics About the Fall 2013 SourceCon Challenge
- Participation in the pre-conference challenge is open to anyone who is not helping create the challenge. All past winners are eligible to compete.
- The pre-conference challenge will consist of a series of challenges that will be completed and tracked online.
- All participants who successfully complete the pre-conference challenge will be eligible to compete in the onsite challenge during SourceCon After Dark in Seattle (participants will be responsible for all expenses which would include a conference pass and travel/lodging). Participants who complete the online challenge successfully, but are not able to attend the conference, will be recognized on the SourceCon blog.
- The winner of the onsite challenge will be named the 2013 Sourcing Grand Master.
Article Continues Below
- The winner of the onsite challenge will receive a laptop of your choice (up to a $1400 value)
How to Prepare for the Challenge
- Know basic Boolean logic and how to use it on diverse resources.
- Read the Source the Web series on SourceCon.
- Inside the Head of the SourceCon Grand Master Sourcing Challenge Champion – Jim Schnyder
- How I Solved the SourceCon Challenge – Irina Shamaeva
- To learn about all of the past winners visit the SourceCon Challenge Wall of Fame.