It seems like yesterday when Randy Bailey beat the machine to win the 2017 SourceCon Grandmaster Challenge. Though he will keep this title for a few more months, it’s time to begin round one of our 2018 Grandmaster Challenge. The Challenge will begin today, September 5th at 10:00 AM Central U.S. time. Anyone from around the globe can participate; all you need is a computer, 40 minutes, and some serious sourcing skills.
We are keeping the rules consistent from last year – no previous Grandmaster champions can compete! In fact, a few of our infamous Grandmasters were behind this year’s Challenge. What does this mean for you? No matter what your experience level is, you have just as much of a chance to win as anyone else.
Here is how it works:
- The site will officially launch September 5th at 10:00 AM CDT.
- You will have 40 minutes to complete eight questions.
- Your progress will be tracked and recorded.
- The top 10 finalists will be decided by the number of correct responses, time completed and date submitted.
- The clock never stops. Well, it will after 40 minutes, but we disabled the ability to pause the game, so don’t start until you’re ready.
- You may skip and return to a question at any point. The competition will automatically self-destruct after 40 minutes, and your progress will be recorded.
- The competition will automatically self-destruct after 40 minutes, and your progress will be recorded.
- This year, the SourceCon Grandmaster Committee is bending its rules and encouraging team and peer involvement. Yes, you can take this challenge with a friend, or a purple squirrel. Just don’t use a robot, they don’t always win.
- Since you can phone a friend, or ping a teammate, we will only accept two finalists from a company.
- The finalists will be announced live during the 2017 Fall SourceCon Conference in Austin.
- The competition will officially close on September 15th. Fare thee well.
- Questions – ping your editor, Shannon@ere.net
Good luck! Click here to begin.