We have been working diligently to revise our email subscription option for you, and we’re pleased to let you know that it is now ready and available for you!
Our new email subscription service, SourceCon Weekly, will deliver your subscription to SourceCon news via email each week on Thursdays. This new service will be replacing our old daily FeedBlitz email subscription service, and our hope is that it will provide a better user experience for you!
While we are making the switch over to the new subscription service on our website, we are going to continue to run our daily FeedBlitz emails over the next couple of weeks while our existing subscribers (that’s you!) update their accounts. Please take a moment to register for the new SourceCon Weekly email newsletter here.
Why should you register for a SourceCon account?
It takes just a minute to register for an account. All we need from you is a little information — your name, your role, your social security number, your ATM pin (just kidding…hehe) — and you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Free email newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles and track discussions that interest you
- Updates on the SourceCon conference series as well as events in your local area
- Phenomenal cosmic powers… okay, that’s a stretch
Some questions you may have:
- Why do I have to re-register? Can’t you just transfer my old information? While we realize that this would be the easiest thing for you, our old subscription service did not require a user “account” – meaning, you did not have to sign up with a password. Our new subscription service does, and therefore to protect the privacy of the information with which you’ll provide us, we need you to register again in order to password protect your account.
- Why are you switching to a weekly newsletter? I want to read SourceCon.com daily. You still can! Just go directly to the website and you can read the articles as they are posted each day. You can also read the daily posts by subscribing to the RSS feed. We are switching to a weekly email newsletter to provide you with more of a ‘digest’ of SourceCon.com. That way, we aren’t filling up your inbox every day, but instead providing you with a collection of excellent sourcing knowledge once each week for you to dive into.
- OK – I’ve signed up for the new weekly email subscription. Why am I still receiving daily emails from the old service? We will be running both newsletters simultaneously for a couple of weeks in order to accommodate the switch and give everyone plenty of time to register with the new service. You will continue to receive a daily email from our FeedBlitz service, but you’ll also receive the new SourceCon Weekly newsletter. Don’t fret – this will only last for a week or two while we provide everyone with ample time to register in the new system. We will let you know when we plan to stop running the old service.
Don’t forget: you need to register with the new service in order to continue receiving your email subscription. Please go here to set up your new account.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the new email subscription service, and we hope you’ll enjoy the new format!