Google search: YouTube number of users
1.3 billion users
On YouTube, I searched for
The first result was
A Day in the Life of a Software Engineer.
- How I Spend My $250K Software Engineer Income
- Technical interview with a Google engineer
- Career Paths for Software Engineers and how to navigate it.
- Why Software Engineering is hard
- A Day In The Life of a Facebook Software Engineer Intern
Hold on. I must watch this last video…
OK, it was about nothing.
However, it had 254 comments.
Browse more results:
- A Day In the Life of a Software Engineer Intern In San Francisco
- What do I do as a Software Engineer?
- A Day in the Life of a Software Engineer | New York City
Then, the famous:
- How to: Work at Google — Example Coding/Engineering Interview
Then more of:
- A Day in the Life of Software Engineer, Jakarta
- 💻 One Day in Life of SAP Software Engineer
- Day In The Life: Software Engineer Intern @ WeWork
On the recommendations, I saw this video from MIT
Dynamic Programming I: Fibonacci, Shortest Paths. It had 568 comments.
This has to be valuable data…the comments.
Scraping Youtube comments
How do I scrape these?
Google search query:
Scrape youtube comments
Found this Github page
It’s built on
nodejs. It has a website that says
Enter Youtube URL.
Let’s try the MIT video I found.
It says “Scraping comments”…sip of coffee.
And it’s done.
It gives the option to download a
JSON or a
The file has this data:
- comment text
A lot of interesting data in comments. Look at this comment:
What I'm missing in the code? def fib (n): f= for k in range(1,n+1): if k<=2: f=1 else: f=f[k-1]+f[k-2] f[k]=f return f[n] for i in range(100): print(fib(i))
The comment has the full name of the username. The date is from a year ago.
Googled the name. Found his Github. Now his email. Found him on Linkedin.
You could compose a message like this.
subject: fibonacci and shortest paths
Hey [don’t forget to put his name here],
I ran into a youtube video from MIT about the shortest path algorithm. I don’t want to sound like a creep, but I found your comment and wonder if anybody replied to your question. If they didn’t. Here is what might be missing from your code. [Add what the team suggested]. I know it has been a year, and I am sure you are beyond this. Anyhow, my team is looking for someone in [add city] to help us build [add what we are building]. We are currently [explain what we did]. I saw on your Github that you are working on [add project]. Super creepy I know 🙂
If you ever were to look for a new challenge, wondering what that would be. I am open to chat anytime. [add call to action]…