Using Inmail Reporting to Track the ROI of Your Inmail Templates

Find what works best with AB testing

Article main image
Feb 16, 2024

I know LinkedIn frowns on using templates, but you can gain a lot if you use them correctly. I like to create templates representing 80% of my message, and I have to fill the other 20% with personal information on their profile or other sources.

Did you know you can track your messaging templates’ ROI in the Inmail reporting features? This is a great way to do some AB Testing without spending a lot of time manually tracking.

How do you know what message works best if you don’t test it?

Here are the steps to do it:

Step 1: Create the templates you want to test and send them out! Give yourself a few weeks to a month to allow time for responses and ensure you sent enough out. Try to send out an equal amount for each one.

Step 2: Go to reports, then Inmail from your recruiter profile

Step 3: Select the date range

Step 4: select owner(s)

Step 5: select templates in the Inmail Details box

Step 6: Analyze which one was the best!

You can even use this with your team. Have everyone on the team create a template. Then, pull data to see what template performed the best. You can then learn from each other’s successes and help everyone on your team grow.

Get articles like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting articles about talent acquisition emailed weekly!