Todd Davis’ SourceCon Seattle session about sourcing on Facebook received great reviews. He took time this week to make a recorded version of his presentation for us to share with readers who couldn’t make it to the conference.
Firefox – Chrome, Internet Explorer, and other browsers won’t allow you to select multiple lines of text from a web page. This can only be done with Firefox.
Additional notes from Todd:
• I didn’t say it in the video, but once you create a Memonic account online, you can choose if you want to use the desktop version, a mobile version, or an Firefox Ad On.
• I apologize in advance for saying “um” a lot, I recorded without a script and I was pushed for time.
• Memonic can be used to clip data from other websites and searches
• Social Friend Finder searches a lot of social networks, I said sites in the recording
• The Facebook photo of the guy holding the cat… I said “pause” but people will think it was another bad joke and I meant “paws”
• I apologize for the bad jokes…
• There was a Facebook profile with a bad word in it and I missed it while recording, but it isn’t much worse than the one that came up during the lab.