I attended my first SXSW Interactive 2 years ago in support of a startup that has since disappeared from the limelight. My partners and I roamed the streets of Austin with an intern dressed like a jackalope, we threw a launch party, and we pitched our idea to every venture capitalist who would listen to us. Since my day job was sourcing, I also made sure to catch a few sessions about talent acquisition and recruiting.
The end of summer means it’s time to help select the panels for 2014. The SXSW PanelPicker is open for voting and I have listed a few of my favorites.
- Big Data Meets Recruiting – I love this topic. If you’re impatient like me and you want to hear more about this, sign up to attend SourceCon Fall 2013 and don’t miss the Big Data Panel :).
- What the F$#@ Do Recruiters Know? – I know… I hate the title also. However, the presenters are top notch and will surely deliver. Based on the title, it can only get better from here, right?
- The Secrets to Finding and Hiring Geeks – Jenny always does a great job and she knows this topic well.
- The Battle For Human Talent – I like this one because they didn’t say “war for talent.” Also, it’s always good to learn how to apply marketing strategies to recruiting.
- The Future of Search – What sourcer wouldn’t want to hear what the Director of Search from Microsoft has to say about this topic?
- Hacking Surveillance Culture – A panel full of real hackers has to be interesting.
Long live the jackalope!
*** UPDATE: I missed a panel during my first look. Please be sure to check out You Suck at Social Recruiting.