Have you had a chance to look at the Fall SourceCon agenda? Im thrilled that we’ll be taking over the Omni hotel in Dallas on September 17th and 18th of 2015! The speaker lineup is top-notch. You’ll see a few familiar faces and many new presenters you haven’t seen before.
Below are the top 8 reasons I’m excited about the Fall event:
1) It’s in my home town! I live in the Dallas area and I’m excited to see some of my favorite sourcers and recruiters on my home turf.
2) Chris Westfall – the National Elevator Pitch Champion and author of “The New Elevator Pitch” – will teach attendees how to successfully engage candidates via email, InMail, voicemail, and telephone. Chris will help us understand how to create a “pitch” that will pique a candidates interest.
3) Dave Copps, a former sourcer who spoke at the very first SourceCon, will join us to discuss the machine learning industry and what it means for the future of sourcing and recruiting. Since leaving sourcing, Dave has focused his energy on building Brainspace, which was recently named as one of the “100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.”
4) Dean DaCosta is emcee for the sourcing labs. With Dean’s input and guidance, we’ve developed a lab agenda that will challenge the most technical sourcers in the sourcing community. You’ll learn sourcing hacks experts from around the globe are using. Topics include: the hottest new sourcing tools, advanced search engine sourcing; social searches for hard-to-find information; and extracting, managing, and manipulating sourcing data.
5) Are you or your team new to the technical side of sourcing? The fundamentals track will bring you up to speed and fill in any knowledge gaps that might exist. Learn more about everything from internet search, to candidate engagement, to how to stay on task and be productive while sourcing in world full of distractions.
6) Leaders will learn how some of the top recruiting teams in the country deal with sourcing. Do they hire dedicated sourcers or train their recruiters to source? How do they track sourcing metrics?
7) SourceCon After Dark is business in the front, party in the back. Die-hard sourcers share secrets and break out their laptops. If your brain is fried from the information you took in all day at the event, don’t worry, there are plenty of people just trying to have a good time. Our After Dark event is a conference highlight and a chance to have fun with your new sourcing peers.
8) This is a hands-on event. Learning and sharing with the community is what makes SourceCon a top destination for sourcers and recruiters who source. With that in mind, don’t show up ready to listen and not participate. Bring your laptops and tablets and get ready to play along and contribute to the conversation.
I hope you’re as excited about the agenda as I am. Check out the full agenda and speaker lineup and make sure to reserve your spot in Dallas by July 10 to save $300 with the early bird rate! I’m looking forward to seeing you in Dallas.