Check-In, Workshops, Hackers, and Kickoff Party Go-Lives
Our first workshop kicked off at 8:30 am this morning where some hardcore programming/coding attendees learned how to build their first sourcing tool from scratch. #hacktheplaner5t
A steady stream of people came pouring in to pick up badges with lanyards sponsored by Careerbuilder, and Chip the purple squirrel card player t-shirts sponsored by Hiretual, for one of our biggest SourceCons ever. Thank you to Dice for supplying the WIFI, which is something we all take for granted these days.
Marvin Smith taught strategic yet tactical sourcing tips so recruiters are not playing Whack-A-Mole trying to find the right candidates. #dontwhacamole #listentoapro
Mark Tortorici led a packed room on sourcing on all social networks where the questions and ideas were flowing. #sourcingrocker
Todd Davis took attendees on a deep dive into sourcing on Facebook, helping everyone understand the right way to use the social network giant the best way possible. #facebooksourcing
We also had an informal workshop to meet peers and talk to industry influencers and advisors. More on this to come.
Shannon Pritchett brought the crowd together and handed the stage off to Brian Mork and Jim Schnyder (and a hacker) who completely tricked the audience and showed them first hand how easy it is to trick people and how important it is to verify what you are being told by candidates. They addressed a room of more than 600 people about how to properly use social engineering on the worl
Dean Da Costa shared Tools for Social Detective Work in which he took the audience on a journey of taking one small piece of information and using digital breadcrumbs to track down all kinds of useful information from contact information to likes and dislikes. #toolmaster
The kickoff party was sponsored by Uncommon, a brand new company which automates inbound qualified candidates, building a strong pool of talent to choose from. Attendees could test their Recruiter IQ and snap a fun photo in the mobile photobooth. #sourceconparty
Article Continues Below
Vegas is all about winning, right?
Be sure to visit the exhibit hall for prizes, drawings, and giveaways! It opens Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m., and besides all the great technology and services to check out, there are lots of free stuff to win too.
1. Mega Raffle: Visit booth #418-420 for a Hiretual free Premium license being given away every 20-30 minutes.
2. Apple Air Pods: AppVault at booth #318
3. iPhone X: headhunter.io at booth #419. In addition, it’ll be offering a promotion at the event to earn an iPhone X in the future by filling reqs with them.
4. Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker: SmashFly at booth #206
5. Apple iWatch Series 3: SeekOut at booth #422. Make sure to stop by their booth for your chance to win and to get a demo of its new GitHub sourcing tool.
6. StubHub Gift Certificate: Dice at booth #518/520/522 (also on Tuesday you might “spy” someone cool enough for a 007 selfie!)
7. Bucket Shoes for EVERYONE: CareerBuilder (after completing a demo)
Stay tuned for our Tuesday update, until then be sure to follow us on social media via #sourcecon
If you are not able to attend but are eager to learn, be sure to check out SourceCon Academy where we provide on-demand training from the comfort of your laptop or mobile device 24/7. It has a free preview of 10+ training videos for you to get an idea of what it is like. Talk to my colleague Ann Wilkerson (Ann@ere.net) if you would like to ask questions or find out about company group discounts.